artist rooms is a collection jointly owned by the board of trustees of the national galleries of scotland (‘national galleries of scotland’) and the board of trustees of tate gallery (‘tate’). the collection is shared through solo exhibitions at venues across the country, alongside a series of continuing professional development events which share experience, skills and knowledge with those working in the cultural sector across the country. in the administration of this programme, it is necessary for national galleries of scotland and tate, acting as joint data controllers, to process the personal data of individuals.
The ARTIST ROOMS places of business are:
Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art One
75 Belford Road
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划in this policy, when we use ‘we,’ ‘us,’ or ‘our’ we are referring to national galleries of scotland and tate.
The data we collect
by personal data we mean information that can be used to identify a person. anonymised data does not fall into this category. the type of data we may collect, use, store, and transfer includes:
- Identity Data including prefix, first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, photograph, organisation, job title, and gender.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, city or places of residence, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of transactions you have had with us, such as bursary support.
- Profile Data including your attendance at events, your preferences, dietary requirements, feedback and survey responses, and previous contact with National Galleries of Scotland and Tate.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website and services.
marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
we will collect information and personal data that you voluntarily give when you contact us with enquiries, complaints, comments or other feedback.
we also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
How we collect your data
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划we will collect your data in the following ways:
- When you choose to join the ARTIST ROOMS mailing list to receive further information on the programme.
- When you apply to be part of the ARTIST ROOMS programme.
- When you attend an ARTIST ROOMS event.
- When you engage with us professionally or undertake tasks for National Galleries of Scotland and Tate.
- When you contact us by post or email.
- When you respond to one of our surveys.
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划we will hold your information on national galleries of scotland’s and tate’s systems. access to your information is restricted so that only staff members who need to process your data can use it. when you subscribe to our e-communications, your details will be held on the secure email platform, mailchimp, and communications will be sent out via this platform. mailchimp is based in the us and is signed up to the eu-us privacy shield framework.
Your Data: Communications
we use the lawful basis of consent to process your personal data in order to send you news and updates on the artist rooms programme and opportunities related to artist rooms, tate, and national galleries of scotland that we believe are relevant to you. by subscribing to artist rooms communications, you agree that national galleries of scotland and tate will process your personal data to provide you with this information.
Should you no longer wish to receive direct contact about ARTIST ROOMS you may at any time withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for this purpose by contacting the ARTIST ROOMS team at .uk or by unsubscribing via the link at the bottom of each ARTIST ROOMS email sent from Mailchimp. We will hold your data until you unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Your Data: ARTIST ROOMS Events
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划if you participate in an artist rooms event, national galleries of scotland and tate will also process personal data relating to you (including sensitive or special categories of personal data supplied by you and which will require your explicit consent) for:
- the administrative and management purposes of the ARTIST ROOMS programme, using the lawful basis of ‘public task’ to fulfil our official duties;
- ensuring the health and safety of all participants in ARTIST ROOMS events, which is a legal obligation for us to undertake;
- ensuring all ARTIST ROOMS activities are relevant to issues of diversity and inclusion (anonymised diversity data may be shared with Arts Council England and Art Fund in order to meet the conditions of the grant).
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划national galleries of scotland and tate will, when necessary for these purposes, make such data available (on a confidential basis) to its funding bodies (arts council england, art fund, and creative scotland), and to third party evaluators who are providing services to the artist rooms programme in order for us to carry out our funding contracts and to inform the future development of the programme.
we require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and comply with uk data protection laws. we do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. where possible this information will be shared anonymously.
Your Data: ARTIST ROOMS Exhibition Partners
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划we use a third-party online survey tool for initial expressions of interest to the programme. any personal data you provide is processed under our instruction, and a data processing agreement is in place between national galleries of scotland and the current supplier.
when you apply to be part of the artist rooms programme, the details you supply through your application will be held on our systems and will be processed in order for us to make a decision on your application. we will hold details of your application in order to evaluate and inform the future programme, for which we will use the lawful basis of ‘public task’ to carry out our official duties.
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划if your application is unsuccessful, we will process your details to contact you of this outcome via email. you will also be asked if you would like to provide consent to join the artist rooms mailing list to be informed of future activity and opportunities when making your application.
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划if your application is successful, as a programme partner you will agree to the processing of your data in order to administer the programme. this agreement is considered, for these purposes, to be for us to deliver a contractual service to you. this will involve storing and using your contact details which may be shared with colleagues at national galleries of scotland and tate as appropriate.
we will retain your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including any legal and reporting requirements and to continue to administer the artist rooms programme. on five years of receipt of successful and unsuccessful applications, we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划if you have chosen to receive information relating to artist rooms, we will continue to hold your data and process it for these communication purposes, on the basis of your consent.
Your Legal Rights
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- At any time you have the right to ask Tate or National Galleries of Scotland to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing purposes. You can do this by contacting us using the details below.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data to you or a third party you have chosen
- Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent
where we are relying on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. however, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
we will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent
As well as contacting that National Galleries of Scotland’s and Tate’s DPOs, you can also contact the ARTIST ROOMS team directly to make a complaint or feedback on how your data is being processed by emailing .uk. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the data protection supervisory authority in the UK by visiting .
Updates to this Policy
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划this notice was updated on 16 december 2019. it may be updated to take into account changes at national galleries of scotland and tate, or for example to reflect changes to legislation or regulation.
幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划updates to this policy will be posted on the national galleries of scotland website and on the tate website – you therefore may wish to check this page each time you submit personal information related to the artist rooms programme. we will also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email for you.
You can contact the ARTIST ROOMS team by emailing .uk or by calling 02074015048.
Tate’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at .uk幸运飞艇6码滚雪球计划 or on 0207 887 8888.
National Galleries of Scotland’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at or on 0131 624 6473.